Our lawyers are honored to provide pro bono services in litigation and corporate counseling. Below is a partial list of those activities.
- Represent plaintiff prisoner in pending Section 1983/Eighth Amendment lawsuit against prison physicians, by appointment of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. George Sax. Mr. Sax received a 2017 Northern District of Illinois Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award for his work on this case.
- Pro bono General Counsel for Keep Chicago Beautiful, a 501(c)(3) organizations devoted to environmental education and awareness. Theodore Banks
- Provided legal triage to low income Cook County residents with landlord/tenant, domestic, and consumer issues through CARPLS legal aid hotline. Deirdre Fox
- Pro bono defense of criminal defendants facing charges of murder, attempted murder and other felonies, with jury trials in the Circuit Court of Cook County. Stephanie Scharf
- Pro bono General Counsel for Rebecca's Dream, including preparation of organizing documents and filing for 501(c)(3) qualification with the IRS, an organization devoted to promoting awareness and compassionate understanding of depression and bipolar disorder. Theodore Banks
- Associate Director, “Capitalism and the Importance of Trust,” sponsored by Yale University Law School and the Columbia University Center on Corporate Governance. Sarah Marmor
- Board of Directors, Lawyers for the Creative Arts, an organization providing pro bono legal assistance to financially eligible clients in all areas of the arts – the visual, performing, entertainment, literary, arts education and more. Sarah Marmor