Legal Leaders Speak Out on Women, Power and Disrupting the Status Quo
Recently over 700 women from around the globe gathered virtually for the ABA’s World Forum for Women in the Law. Partner Stephanie Scharf served as a Co-Chair of this inaugural three-day conference sponsored by the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession. Every attendee had a front row seat as one-on-one interviews were conducted by the Forum Co-Chairs with five widely acclaimed legal professionals:
- Connie Collingsworth, COO and chief legal officer at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
- Valerie Jarrett, former senior adviser to President Barack Obama and distinguished senior fellow at the University of Chicago Law School
- Loretta Lynch, former attorney general of the United States
- Joyce White Vance, former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama
Click here to read excerpts of the interviews with these remarkable women leaders as they discuss women in power, lessons from the pandemic, role models and disrupting the status quo, tackling systemic racism, defining yourself and advice for young lawyers.
About Scharf Banks Marmor
Scharf Banks Marmor LLC is a sophisticated, women-owned law firm whose attorneys come from leading AmLaw 100 firms and Fortune 100 corporate law departments. Our lawyers concentrate their practices in: Complex Litigation and Appeals, Employment, Corporate, Life Sciences, Intellectual Property, Food, Insurance, and Antitrust.